Most programmes offered at Ikhala TVET College will require you, the student, to do an internship, learnership, apprenticeship as part of your qualification to gain further relevant and appropriate work experience.
To make this process as simple as possible for you, Ikhala TVET College has a department to specifically assist students in gaining placements for their internship, learnership or apprenticeship periods. This department, known as WIL (Work Integrated Learning), will not only assist you in the placement, but also offers job readiness workshops to aid students.
- Assistance in compiling a Curriculum Vitae
- Job-hunting skills
- Interview preparation skills
- Provides students with specific placement material
- Assist with the placements of internships, learnership and apprenticeships
- Monitoring and evaluation where required
Ikhala TVET College is mandated by the Department of Higher Education & Training (DHET) to assist with the placement of academically successful students to gain relevant and appropriate working experience. Through the placement process, relationships are built with host employers in the industry to ensure future placement opportunities.
- This initiative offers relevant and appropriate working experience to all exit-level students
- This initiative complements the work readiness of students
- This initiative increases employability, by means of practical exposure
What Does it Mean For Your Business?
By partnering with Ikhala TVET College as a possible WIL placement site, you and your business will be able to:
- Direct the training that Ikhala TVET College provides towards the needs of your industry
- Give input into and enhance the study programmes
- Build partnerships and be affiliated with Ikhala TVET College
- Gain direct access to quality and skilled students
- Benefit from the new energy and innovative ideas that students offer companies
- Enhance your company’s image and positive public relations
- Fulfil your social responsibility
- Obtain points on your company’s B-BBEE scorecard (if applicable)
- Participate in Skills Development
- Get SARS tax rebates