The National Certificate (Vocational) has been designed to fully integrate theory and allows the learner to specialise from NQF level 2 in a specific study field of choice, in preparation for the real “world of work”.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR NATIONAL VOCATIONAL CERTIFICATE NC(V)
- A year end school report for Grade 9 or higher, or
- An NQF Level 1 qualification (ABET Level 4) or
- A recognition of RPL assessment to meet the basic requirement for access to NQF Level 2
The Office Administration qualification will enable a learner to deal with:
- Manage the office and meeting correspondence
- Manage office equipment, stationery and reception duties
- Facilitate functions, meetings, travelling and accommodation
- Facilitate call centre operations
The Management qualification will enable a learner to deal with:
- Assist with communication in organisations.
- Participate in Human Resources Management structures in organisations.
- Manage productively within an organisation.
The Finance, Economics & Accounting qualification will enable a learner to:
- Perform bookkeeping
- Keep records of wages, salaries, petty cash, VAT and reconciliations
- Prepare financial statements
- Manage budget, analyse finances
The Information Technology qualification will enable a learner to:
- Operate in a computer programming environment
- Test programmes and software applications
- Install network cables for computer systems
- Process computer data
- Develop, research and document computer user requirements
The Tourism qualification will enable a learner to deal with:
- Work as a tour guide
- Own and manage a tourism business
- Function within a hotel or travel site
- Plan and manage tours
The Hospitality qualification will enable a learner to deal with:
- Managing a guest house
- Client services in an accommodation facility
- Working as an assistant cook/chef
- Working as a waitron
- Working as a housekeeper in a hotel or guest house
The Civil Engineering Construction qualification will enable a learner to deal with:
- Operate and Maintain construction equipment and machinery.
- Participate in the construction of roads, bridges, houses, etc.
- Participate in the erection of reinforced concrete, structural steel, timber and masonry.
The Electrical Infrastructure Construction qualification will enable a learner to deal with:
- Work as an electrician at a power plant
- Work as an electrical technician at a telecommunications company
- Work at a recording studio as an electrical engineering
The Engineering and Related Design qualification will enable a learner to deal with:
- Take part in the assembly and maintenance of cars in the motor industry
- Plan and develop engineering drawings, maps, sketches and Computer Aided Design (CAD)